The content for this entry is subjective and represents methods offered by the Skycoin community.
- Hot Wallet – A wallet with security intended to hold a small amount of funds for regular spending.
- Cold Wallet – A wallet with security intended to hold a large amount of funds for long term, highly protected storage.
Seed Phrase Storage / Private Key Storage Methods
- On-Site – Storage methods that are easy to access and able to be destroyed with redundant off-site methods.
- Off-Site – Redundant storage methods that are difficult to access and difficult to destroy.
- Split the seed phrase in to multiple parts for added protection.
- Phrases stamped in to stainless steel plates, sealed in weatherproof capsules and buried in multiple locations.
- A bank’s safe deposit box.
Recommended Operating Systems
[Submit your methods via the contact page.]